Marbled Cream Cheese Brownie - Sheer Chocolate Indulgence


The holiday season is in its full swing, and believe it or not, as soon as I step out of my house, I am filled with the aroma of baking emanating from houses all around me!! All homes are adorned with twinkling christmas lights, and fabulous decorations in the front yards, with Santa, and his sledge of reindeers, giant snowman, lighted christmas trees, and sometimes even tiny replicas of Bethlehem, and as if that is not enough to remind me of the festival, my nose keeps tingling at the smells of spices, cookies, savoury treats and other holiday baking that is intoxicating, and in my case, highly addictive, as I'm tempted to turn on my oven!! Here are some semi-homemade brownies, with all the goodness of chocolate combined with creamcheese for that marbled effect. All that fudgy chocolate is so inviting, there's no way you can resist eating it!! And as this brownie recipe uses some ready-made items, it doesn't even take much time to dish out these lovely beauties! Enjoy these delicious marbled creamcheese brownies with family and friends, and spread the holiday cheer!

Ingredients
1 packet of ready-made chocolate brownie mix
1/4 cup skimmed milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 packet Philadelphia cream cheese - softened
sugar - only if required (your brownie mix will have it already)

Method
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom of 9-inch pan with non-stick spray (or dust with oil and flour).

In a medium bowl, stir brownie mix, water, oil and 2 eggs until well blended. Spread onto the greased pan. In another bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until creamy; beat in sugar, and 1 egg until well blended. Drop some spoonfulls of this mixture over the layered brownie batter. Now is thr fun part:) Take a knife and cut through the batter several times for creating a random marbled design. Ask your kids to do this; they'll love it!! but give them a blunt spatula instead of a knife.

Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is light brown. The toothpick trick should work, but the cream cheese should not be overcooked. Remember, these brownies will have a fudge-like texture, so they are more sticky and elastic, unlike cake, which is soft and moist. Remove from oven and let it cool completely before cutting into slices or chunks. You can store them covered in the refrigerator.

I took a batch of my cream-cheese brownies to my office and they all just loved it!! You can treat a lot of people on a very tight budget of less than 10 bucks!! Now that's something!!

Tip: You can add nuts or chocolate chips to these brownies too. But to add a glamorous touch, take some raspberry or mix-fruit jam and spread it on top of the cooked brownie as soon as you remove it from the oven. Then allow to cool before cutting. It looks and tastes just awesome!

Similar Recipes:
Sour Cream Raspberry Brownies


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





29 comments :

Shweta said...

This is way too yumm!! You are one creative and talented girl Mansi! Thanks for this recipe :) I remember you mentioning your in-laws are Jain, do you make eggless cakes? If you have a tried and tested eggless cake recipe please post it sometime! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I am tongue-tied!!! speechless..just drooling!!!

-henry

Shweta said...

Thanks so much Mansi! I did check out the recipes! Can't wait to try the muffins and the chocolate cake!

Chef Jeena said...

Hey Mansi I love these chocolate brownies they look so soft and sticky! :-)

bee said...

salty and sweet. i love cream cheese with sweet stuff, so this brownie must have been awesome.

Namratha said...

Wow, looks gorgeous Mansi...lovely creation!

amna said...

these look so yummy. but where do i get the cheese from? :( and which brownie mix have u used?

Richa said...

the marbled look is so pretty :)

Mansi said...

Nags - I used the Betty Crocker brownie mix and Philadelphia cream cheese..I'm not sure if you get the same brands in India, but I'm sure you can use any local brands...if you can't get the brownie mix, just use this:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 cup sugar (or more to your taste)

Hope this helps!!:)

Mansi said...

Shweta - glad you found it!

Bee, Jeena, Nammu, Richa - do try it folks, the look and taste are both worth a try!:)

Suganya said...

Brownie mix and cream cheese. ok, I am sold.

sra said...

Mansi, very nice, first time I've seen marbled brownies!

Rachel said...

I can relate well with the baking aroma from the neighbouring kitchens...this brownie looks way tooo yummy for me to sit and stare at the screen..i'd better churn one for my family!!

SteamyKitchen said...

I love your site! It's such a happy food filled blog, Mansi.

Finla said...

Wow cheese brownies they must have been really delicious.
You should not eat all of them alone. You should pass few to us who are just drooling looking the the picture

lakshmi said...

this is the nth chocolate post that i am reading - cream cheese is something like hung yogurt whisked to a good consistency right?

i think kraft foods markets cream cheese in india.

Mansi said...

Rachel - go on buddy!! spread the joy aaround:)

Jaden - that coming from you is a wonderful compliment! thanks girl:)

Lakshmi - u are totally right; I think Nags got her answers..Kraft Foods is what you need nags

HC - I took it to work and my team mates gobbled it up:) no way was I gonna eat it myself:)

Patricia Scarpin said...

These look so decadent! REally good!

AnuSriram said...

so tempting mansi... I wish i could be your neighbour to taste all these... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

FH said...

Give me cheese cake any time!! YUM!!:)

Rajesh &Shankari said...

yum! This is the 1st time I am not baking anything..I am drooling over the recipes on the blogs abd satisfying my cravings!

Roni said...

ok, your ideas are DANGEROUS! :~)

I'll stick with less cheese so I can indulge in some of these brownies!

;~)

TheCooker said...

Cream cheese goes very well with brownies. Such a great combination.

Raks said...

Looks very different!

JEP said...

What a beauty! When I saw this photo on Tastespotting, I had no idea you started with a brownie mix--awesome!

Anonymous said...

Everyone on the blogs knows that because of my extensive professional culinary education, I simply abhor pre-mixed, store-bought, chemical-laden ingredients.

For years, I have campaigned against Sandra Lee (Shamdra) on the Food Network. Because I have exposed her for the phony that she is, I have been threatened with harassment and stalking lawsuits.

Some people have even accused me of being JEALOUS of her (and the phony Italian, Giada).

That will NOT stop me from refusing to use such things as "pre-mixed" brownie mix.

Anonymous said...

Super scrumptious recipes for my family of chocoholics!

P.S...it's spelled reindeer--not reindeers--we learned grammar in Elementary school!! (-;

Andrew Abraham said...

Great idea... looks yummy...I found you site looking for brownie recipes to compare a brownie recipe that was on recipebuddys.com.... Please advise if you can assist... I would like an opinion on the recipe...thank you in advance...

EFT Video said...

This brownie is an indulgence! I just can have too many of them and eat them all!