Sour Cream Raspberry Brownies


The first time I sank my teeth into these delicious raspberry brownies, I knew this was a bond for life!! I still remember how much we used to love baking brownies back in grad school days. It was our favorite, quick, easy and affordable dessert, and we'd top it with whip cream or strawberry syrup or plain vanilla ice cream and forget the worries and tensions of school!:) To date I cannot resist a warm fudge brownie topped with vanilla ice cream and nuts...what a beauty, and so irresistible!! So I am surprised how I hadn't blogged about my favorite dessert until now!! Well, better late than never, so here I share with you my recipe for Sour Cream Raspberry Brownies, where the secret ingredient is of course, Sour Cream. The latter imparts a moist and rich texture to the brownies and the raspberries give it the luscious taste in every bite that makes these beauties almost irresistible!

Ingredients
1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil
1/2 cup thick reduced fat sour cream
1 tspn soda -bicarb
2 eggs lightly beaten (or 1/2 cup apple puree for making it eggless)
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line the base and sides of a baking dish with baking paper.

Sift the flours, soda-bicarb and cocoa powder into a large bowl. Whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, oil and sour cream in a another bowl. Beat till you see soft peaks form in the mixture, then add in the flours and mix until smooth. Fold in the raspberries (and apple puree if used)

Now spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth-pick comes out clean when inserted in the centre.

Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar if desired.

Tip: You can use walnuts or pecans instead of raspberries as a variation. If you are short on time, just use the readymade brownie mixes like Betty Crocker available in the market. These Sour-cream Raspberry Brownies are best served warm. Add some vanilla ice cream to make a delicious dessert!

Related Recipes:
Moist Espresso Kahlua Brownies
Marbled Cream-Cheese Brownies
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





31 comments :

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, i love raspberry chocolate brownies!! I love your method of adding sour cream; it sounds nice...and love the texture of your brownies...since you have so many pieces, can i pick one at least?:)

-Anjali

Suganya said...

I need to stop coming here for a while. It is so tempting, my calorie meter goes for a toss.

Laavanya said...

This is so easy and no butter too. Seems really healthy too. Hope to try it soon.

Mansi said...

Pls don't do that Suganya, as Laavanya said, there' no butter, only low-fat sour cream, half wheat flour and raspberries..it's all healthy girl!!

musical said...

Eggless brownies are always welcome :).
Raspberries add such a yummy touch to chocolate! Cool recipe, Mansi!

S said...

wow the brownies look grt..adding sour cream is diff...i like ur version...

Coffee and Vanilla said...

I have never made brownies yet. I think it is time to make some! :)

Thank you for sharing this recipe.

Margot

Anonymous said...

Irrestible to the core!!! perfect brownies Mansi...I love all your sweets and desserts, maybe you should start a cooking school or start selling them:)
I never commented on your blog before, but I think it's high time!!

-Abhinav

Rajitha said...

awesome mansi...love the eggless bit...will have to make this

bee said...

i have all the ingredients in my fridge. :D

Kribha said...

I agree with suganya. You cook too many goodies one after the other and tempt your visitors like anything. Looks so good. Although I love chocolate sooooooo much ,I can't do this in home. My hubby dosen't allow chocolate in any form to come into our house. Poor man... he dosen't know the choco bars hidden in my closet. Anyway, will save this recipe to try it for a party. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

They look lovely Mansi.

Mansi said...

Bee, you always have all the ingredients:)

Kribha - I don't know how your hubby lives without chocolate girl??! but seriously, you should try these, maybe at a friend's place:)

Coffe - time to bake your first batch!

Abhinav - thanks for your generous comment!! hope you keep doing that often:)

Shanti, Raji, Madhu - glad you liked this recipe!

TBC said...

I make chocolate brownies regularly. I actually have a batch in my refrigerator that I just made yesterday. Never tried adding sour cream though.

Namratha said...

Yummy raspberries, too good, love the brownies!

Nabeela said...

Love brownies....just love love love them! With 1 3/4 cup of flour(including cocoa) are these cake-y or fudgy?
Even though I think I've found my favorite brownie recipe...I never shy from experimenting some more ;)

Mansi said...

Nabeela - they are not very soft like cake, though sour cream gives it a smooth texture. But you can use a little less flour, add it slowly while whisking till you reach the consistency that you like:)

Anonymous said...

Those brownies look great! And you're right, once you've found THE brownie for you, it's difficult to turn back. Oh, thanks for linking me up; I've added you to my blogroll as well :)

Srivalli said...

Mansi...that looks really so tempting....and :(((..sorry abt not sending in my entry for peach...tried hard to find some ..but couldn't...will try again today...and if I am able to send...will send by twm..

Raks said...

Without egg and with sour cream...?Thats sounds different and looks yummy...
(Have u passed this to Lakshmi..;D)

Katie Zeller said...

Healthy?!?! Okay, fine...but they sound absolutely yummy! Raspberries and chocolate - perfect. And in easy Brownies...sigh!

Swaruchy said...

wow the brownies look YuM :-) Now u are tempting me to try :-)

Sharmi said...

thats a lovely recipe. I think you must be busy with AFAM entries right?
So I heard you are packing biscottis for someone;) Where is my share:)

FH said...

What beauties! Healthy too with wheat flour and sour cream!:))

Anonymous said...

I am now soooo hungry.

Mansi said...

Srivalli- don't worry, it's alright if you can't send an entry...there's alwasy a next time:)

Raks - Per your suggestion, I'll send it to Lakshmi soon:)

Sharmi - it's not too bad; as I'm not Asha, I don't have to compile a lot of entries:D

oddfacts - loved your screen name:) welcome to Fun and Food!

Rina said...

This is one cool brownie recipe. Ready for baking.

Richa said...

hey, those brownies look amaaaaazing, u r such a pro at baking :) kyare walnuts sathey try karees :)

Unknown said...

I made these brownies for a party and they were so yummy! The raspberries gave a wonderfully surprising punch to the sweetness of the brownie. Also, they were so moist, which I love in brownies. Thanks so much - I will definitely be making these again!

Mansi said...

Thanks so much Brittany, for taking time to use this recipe and also coming back to leave your wonderful feedback!! I'm glad everyone enjoyed these as I personally love these brownies!!

hope you enjoy the other recipes at Fun and Food!

Laurie Constantino said...

Wish I could get my brownies to look this perfect!