Chocolate Nutella Cookies


chocolate-hazelnut-cookies
Can you imagine the divine taste of Nutella, all wrapped up in a dark chocolate layer and packaged as a decadent cookie?? If you haven't started salivating already, I'm pretty sure you will, as soon as you lay your hands on these truly delicious Nutella Chocolate Cookies! After devouring endless Nutella crepes in our recent trip to France, I thought it would be great to bake some cookies with Nutella! and of course, there can't be christmas cookies without chocolate, at least for me, so I combined my two favorite ingredients and set forth to bake these decadent Dark Chocolate Nutella Cookies, that are crunchy to eat, and yet melt in your mouth as soon as you start savoring one!

I'm sending these to Susan at Foodblogga for her Eat Christmas Cookies event. Check out all the other delicious entries up here! This also goes to Santa's Holiday Challenge at Tasty Treats, as well as Cookie Baking event over at Neivedyam!

Ingredients
makes 16-18 small cookies
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
3 tbsp Nutella chocolate-hazelnut spread
2 tsp finely ground hazelnut powder

Note: I didn't exactly measure my Nutella spread while making these, so I might be a wee bit off in the measurement list. So if you feel your dough is a little soft to handle, just refrigerate it for a couple hours as suggested, and the cookies should turn out fine.

Method
Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep aside.

Melt the dark chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl by heating and stirring for 1 minute, in 20-second intervals. Allow it to cool a little.

Beat butter and sugar until creamy, then beat in the Nutella spread. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and stir until combined.

Add the melted dark chocolate and the ground hazelnut powder and mix well.

If the dough looks a bit clumsy to handle, wrap it in a cellophane paper and refrigerate for about 10 mins. This will make it easier to shape into cookies.

Now shape the dough gingerly into small round cookies, or drop them using rounded spoons on the baking sheets, about an inch apart from each other. Press gently with the backside of a fork if you like.

Bake for about 10 minutes, until dark brown in color or until the edges are just set. Let cool on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes. Then remove and cool completely on wire racks.

Related Recipes
Coconut Cookies with Vanilla Icing
Peppermint & Vanilla Butter Cookies
Fat & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





42 comments :

Chandani said...

who would't like these cookies!! am drooling over the pic:)

amna said...

any recipe with nutella in it, gets a thumbs up from me :)

Snooky doodle said...

Yummy I m a sucker for Nutella. I can eat it with a spoon in huge amounts . These look yummy . I m making these for Christmas :)

Divya Kudua said...

Nutella in cookies..??that would be a double bonus..great recipe Mansi!!

Priya Suresh said...

Wow cookies looks fabulous..prefectly shaped cookies..lovely entry Mansi..

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Nutella is one of my favorite things in the world. (In case I haven't said that 100 times already.) Great cookies. I should bake up a batch for my next round of thank you gifts.

Beyond Curries said...

How can I ever resist this combination? Chocolate and Nutella that's brilliant idea Mansi.

Finla said...

I love nutella, i almost have them everyday for breakfast with bread.
So i am sure i will love the cookies made from nutelle.
Delicious.

CurryLeaf said...

Lovely and perfect.Pass it over pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaseeeeeeeeee

Vaidehi Bhave said...

cookies look perfect..

Uma said...

Wow, yummy!

Chef Jeena said...

Hi Mansi these look really tasty. I love using nutella in baking, I bet these cookies tasty fabulous. :-)

zobars said...

I have never baked with Nutella and i love Nutella and dark chocolate. Thanks for satiating the cravings of a chocoholic. Will try this soon and let you how it turned out. thanks for sharing the recipe as well.

Mansi said...

thanks folks, I knew everyone would love these - the best way to eat Nutella, for sure:)

thanks for the drooling words:)

Vanamala Hebbar said...

mmmm mouthwatering cookies ... nice pic

Amy said...

Oh! I have a terrible addiction to Nutella, I guarantee these will be made in my house and they'll be gone the same....*cough*...hour.

(They look wonderful!)

AnuSriram said...

These cookies are tempting me so much.. can i grab them?

karuna said...

i cant tell u how much i love nutella....i made nutella cookies too, but a little diff. urs looks absolutely mouth watering. great for holiday gifting too.

Suganya said...

This is so cool. Nice recipe. Love nutella on cookies, never tried mixing it in the cookies. Will try it next time. YUM!

anudivya said...

Did I just hear Nutella! Oh boy! I love these... and nutella... gets me dreamy eyed everytime.

Ashwini said...

It looks yummy. Makes me want to pick and eat it :-)which is with my 2 favourite combination.

Kalai said...

Mansi, these look amazing! The perfect thing to continue my never ending love affair with Nutella! :)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I'm swooning. Seriously.

Sutapa said...

Great recipe.Really yummy.

Mansi said...

the Nutella lovers are sure having a fun time here! which is great, b'coz I'm one of you too!:)

thanks again ppl, and hope all of you get to try the cookies yourselves!:)D

Taka said...

Looks so delicious!!! It makes me hungry. I really want to make it at home, but my house doesn't have oven. Is there any possible way I can make it without using oven?

Rico said...

Those cookies are amazingly chocolaty, I bet they were really tasty.thx for sharing merry xmas

Anonymous said...

That dark brown color looks great. Nutella and chocolate is heaven.

Simply...Gluten-free said...

Happy Holidays Mansi!

Mansi said...

thanks again everyone, for your wonderful comments and wishes!

wish you all a very Happy & Merry holiday season too!:)

Kana said...

Mansi:
I always a jar of nutella in my pantry...I am intrigued!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

They look chocolatey just like I love them. Perfect for the season.

Best wishes for the festive season and a Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these look so fabulous! My husband would clear the whole tray.

Namratha said...

Hazelnuts and chocolate, a match made in heaven...love it!

Usha said...

These cookies look fantastic,love the combination of chocolate and nutella :-)

zobars said...

Hi Mansi, thanks for your helpful tips on the parathas, another question I have is whether or not I can use semi-sweet milk chocolate chips ?? thanks again for all the responses to my querries.

Mansi said...

zobars - I'd recommend using dark chocolate or regular chocolate-just don't use white choco-chips, as it would kill the nutella-chocolate flavor combo:)

hope this answers your qs:)

zobars said...

Hi again Mansi,
I made these cookies today with Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips and for some reason the dough was too dry and powdery so I added some milk to bind and then baked them. My daughter absolutely loves them and is asking for more. Yours look prettier with the dark choc. chips.

Sunshinemom said...

My answer to the question you raised - I can't imagine! Maybe I need a bite off your screen! Divine cookies, Mansi:)

Wish you a very Happy, and Prosperous New Year!

Rico said...

they look great ... well done ...thx for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mansi, My daughter who is an avid Nutella freak is drolling over your recipe and dragging me into the kitchen, so that’s where I am headed with your recipe right now .

dictionar german said...

you have great desert recipes....i love this one...looks so great...yummy!