Fudgy Mocha Pistachio Brownies


recipe-brownies
Baking Brownies is an uplifting process for me! And these Chewy Mocha Pistachio Brownies have become my current favorites! Unlike other baking desserts, brownies are more stress-free, and easily customizable.The texture of a brownie, whether its fudgy, moist and chewy, or light like a cake, depends on the amounts of chocolate, butter, sugar, and flour that you use in the recipe. I chose to go with the Chewy this time. And as it was for a weekend breakfast, I added some flavored coffee powder to my pistachio brownies. I also threw in some cranberries, to make them more chewy, and the result was a seriously decadent Brownie recipe that I wouldn't trade even for a store-bought one!

Coffee lovers will always find a way to enjoy more caffeine in their lives; so off this goes to Meeta's Mingle, featuring Coffee & Tea this month. And as I'm really proud of these decadent Brownies, which have a great flavor combination, I'm sending these to Aparna's Sweet Celebrations as well!

Ingredients
1 packed cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp natural cocoa
4 oz. unsalted butter
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1-1/2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp cafe mocha (flavored instant coffee powder)
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1/4 cup slivered unsalted pistachios
2 tbsp craisins or dried chopped cranberries (optional)

Method
Position an oven rack on the middle rung. Heat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square brownie pan, line the bottom with parchment paper, and spray it with some non-stick cooking spray.

In a double boiler, melt the butter and chocolate, stirring continuously to form a smooth ganache. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool slightly.

Stir in the sugar, salt, and the mocha coffee powder. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, stirring each time until blended. Finally add the flour and cocoa.

Beat well, until incorporated and the mixture is smooth, 30 to 60 seconds. Add the chopped pistachios and craisins, and give a final whisking.

Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the brownies are thoroughly baked, form a slightly-cracked layer on the top, and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out almost clean, about 35 to 45 mins.

Set the pan on a rack until cool enough to handle. Run a paring knife around the inside edge of the pan and then invert the pan onto a flat surface and peel off the parchment. set the baked brownie back onto the rack to cool completely.

Cut into squares with a sharp knife. Enjoy your Chewy Mocha Brownies with a cup of hot Mocha, and you'll start appreciating caffeine even better!:)

Related Recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Almond Mocha Iced Frappucino
Mocha Hazelnut Coffee Cake


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





26 comments :

Manggy said...

I love that you gave yourself options on what kind of brownie to make-- in truth, I like them all-- fudgy, chewy, cakey-- depending on my mood. I'd love to eat those chews any day!

Rachel said...

pista and mocha and chewy too..nothing better than that for me to indulge in...

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

These look really good, Mansi. Green peeking out through chocolate.
I made some pistachio cookies. Have to post them soon.

Anonymous said...

wow, these look really tempting Mansi! and I love the flavor combo:)

sarah C

anudivya said...

There is just something about green on brown that is inordinately sexy. Looks very pretty Mansi.

Meg said...

I love adding coffee flavor to any recipe with chocolate! These look amazing. Great idea to add the pistachios!

Mansi said...

thanks folks! no wonder there are so many brownie lovers:) and I agree, there is something special about chocolate, coffee and pistachios!:) that's why I'm hooked to this recipe too!:)

Unknown said...

chocolates and especially brownies are a comfort snack for me... and whenever i feel a bit dull even the thought of brownies brings a smile for me... u have paved the way for me to try and make them at home... next time i vl try it at home and i shall let u know too :)

karuna said...

these fudgy brownies look heavenly. perfect with a cup of hot coffee. ummmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!

Uma said...

chewy brownies with pista, looks so mouth-watering Mansi! Yummy!

DK said...

I luv the flavor of Mocha..I guess I wud love these brownies.will make them soon

Kalai said...

I love brownies just about any time and when that brownie craving hits, good luck to anyone getting in my way! These look like the ultimate in chewy goodness! Definitely a must try. :)

Deeba PAB said...

Yes I think I'm comin' over Mansi...my favourite combo. Choc & pistachios just got better with the coffee you threw in. Decadent, seriously!!!

Unknown said...

Lovely one Mansi,simply adore the combination.

Anonymous said...

choc, coffee & pistachios ... heavenly combination. They look so pretty.

John and Lisa Howard-Fusco said...

Sounds like a nice variation on brownies. Will have to talk Lisa into making these! - John

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Fantastic. I am such a pistachio lover (and the chocolate lover part can easily go unsaid). Coffee is a great complement to chocolate and deepens the flavor. It's really an unbeatable combination you have going here.

Anonymous said...

OMG. Those look good and are a good twist on the classic brownie. Thanks for the recipe.

Mansi said...

its great to know so many of you liked this recipe! thanks for all your feedback and inspiration!:)

Beyond Curries said...

Now you have something for me here. I'm going to try the mocha-pistachio combination next time I bake brownies. The green in pistachios and the brown is a wonderful combination, a treat to the eyes too. If baking it in a muffin tin, we can also chop the pista and top the cupcakes and it will look absolutely gorgeous.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

I love brownies and like pistachios so these just have to be good. And the pictures are tempting.
Thanks Mansi, for celebrating with me.

Meeta K said...

pistachios are my favorites and chocolate too! these remind me of the rich mocha brownies i made last year (recipe on my blog) thanks for the entry mansi!

Rico said...

Fantastic brownies lots of chocolate as well as pistachios..just love the combo well done.

Andrea said...

Pistachios make everything better, definitely. These look amazing! I love your photography, your site is beautiful!

Sunshinemom said...

These look dense and chewy! Fab:)

Snooky doodle said...

wow i m drooling here . pity i can t have some :(