Chocolate-Hazelnut Coffee Cake - From the Archives


hazelnut-mocha-coffee-cake
Chocolate-Hazelnut Coffee Cake is my all-time favorite, and I never fail to order one whenever I stop at a Starbucks for a hot cup of coffee. I just love the flavor and the taste that blends so well with my mocha. So when I found this Mocha-Banana bread recipe at Amy's blog, I couldn't resist to try out a variation myself. I skipped the bananas, and instead added hazelnut, coffee and nuts. I also changed the sugar and butter contents to make my bread a little more cake-like, just the way I like it! This is kind-of a mix between a coffee cake and a bread, yet it is not as sweet as a cake, so pairs well with your morning breakfast. And with chocolate flvor to bring it all together, there's no resisting a piece of this delicious Chocolate-hazelnut Coffee cake!

Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2-3 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter-softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp instant hazelnut coffee powder
1/2 cup walnuts and pecans - chopped
Cooking spray

Method
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.

Use a sieve and pass the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder through this and combine all 3 in a medium bowl. Add salt, and break any lumps with your fingers.

In another bowl combine the sugar and butter, beating with a mixer or a wooden spatula until well creamed (about 2-3 mins). Add eggs and beat well. Add the vanilla and the hazelnut flavored coffee and beat again. finally add the flour mixture, stir in the chopped walnuts and pecans and combine and beat until you can see stiff peaks. Do not add milk or water. Spoon the batter into a small greased loaf pan (preferably square or rectangular so it's easy to slice the bread later).

Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely after done. Do not try to slice while hot otherwise the bread will crumble and you won't get clean slices.

Cut into thin cake-like slices and enjoy with a sizzling hot cup of coffee or tea!! This Hazelnut Coffee Cake is a perfect recipe to entertain with at cocktail parties!

Related Recipes:
Espresso Kahlua Brownies
Chocolate-Banana Bread
Persimmon & Chocolate Spice Cake


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





28 comments :

Swaruchy said...

The bread looks perfect Mansi :-)

Thistlemoon said...

Wow this sounds fabulous! I adore hazelnuts!

Anonymous said...

This looks heavenly!! I could just bite into the bread!!:)

beautiful recipe, and nice combo of ingredients...you have a great site here. I'm glad i found it!

-Jenny

Kajal said...

Very nice entry for Coffee’s event........rocking entry my dear. Looks yummy :-)

Sreelu said...

Mansi,

OMG Bread looks so soft and moist.I never had good luck baking break, should try it once again I guess :)

Cynthia said...

I'll have mine with a cup of tea, thank you.

bee said...

this is a beautiful combo of flavours.

culinaryprincess said...

It looks absolutely divine! i'm feeling hungry just looking at it ;)

Shella said...

Mansi

I love your bread. Looks absolutley welcoming. But I dont think I will find hazelnut instant cofee or essense at any other place than some high end store in Delhi. So I guess I'll have to substitute it with normal instant cofee. Nahi??

Bindiya said...

bread looks delicious! u r pics are awesome ,i mean both urs and the food lol

Latha Narasimhan said...

Looking delicious mansi! I love nuts!

Padma said...

Perfect combination and the bread looks inviting...nice photo, but I will prefer it with Chai-Tea!

amna said...

lovely! i am also planning to post soon :)

FH said...

YUMMO!! Great entry! I like their huge chewy Oatmeal-Raisin cookies with coffee!:)

Finla said...

Lovely cake.
You can send me a piece anytime with a cup of coffee.

TBC said...

That bread looks perfect! You seem to be a fab baker.
Mansi, I loved the recipe for your date& raisin chutney. It is one yummy looking chutney!

Cris said...

You have such great recipes... I love coffee...

KellytheCulinarian said...

I'll have to try it because the prices at Starbucks are out of my reach :)

It sounds delicious.

Sharmi said...

sounds like a great bread with coffee. but can I substitute the coffee powder with something else?

Mansi said...

Sharmi, you can skip the coffee powder and add hazlnut essence, or just mocha and nuts would taste great too!

Shella, normal instant coffee will also work fine..you can even experiment with chocolate syrup:)

Kelly, u can actually bak a batch and store it in referigerator for 10-12 days:)

Coffee and Vanilla said...

Beautiful! I have to try this recipe...
Margot

Anonymous said...

Delicious. Will try out this recipe soon.

bee said...

that looks delectable.

anudivya said...

Oh man, love it so much that I immediately went to the list of stuff I needed and kept checking off the ingredients and had everything except the hazelnut coffee... am not stopping... will use the coffee that I have!

CurryLeaf said...

Delicious!Love It

ღ Sara ღ said...

Hello! Congratulations!!your blog is beautiful!!!
I am Italian and unfortunately does not speak very good English but I wanted to tell you that your recipes are wonderful

Simply...Gluten-free said...

I haven't been here for a while - your site looks great!

Alex Peter said...

I like chocolate cake the most. Thanks a lot for sharing your recipe of delicious cake. I often bake cakes at home. I will also try your recipe.
Online Marketing Solution