Summer Salad with Poppyseed Dressing


summer-salad-recipe
There's something about light yet filling summer salad recipes - the fact that they help you stay fit and keep you full longer makes them a viable choice for dinner, at least once a week! I still remember the time when I was so skeptical about salad dressings - I was used to nothing but simple Indian salads that have no soury, creamy, ranchy dressings, and it was hard for me to enjoy any salad in the US at all! Over time, I started liking Ceasar, and though I can't say I love them, I've grown a taste for a few of them, like this latest Poppy seed dressing, which is perfect for light salads with mixed greens and fruits! I made one with spring greens, craisins, candied pecans,carrots and red grapes; topped with crumbled feta cheese and the delicious poppy seed dressing, it was a truly healthy, filling and tasty salad meal!

Ingredients
1 bag of mixed green salad
4 heaped tbsp grated carrot
3 tbsp candied pecans
1/4 cup craisins
1/4 cup red seedless grapes
salt & pepper - to taste
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
3 tbsp olive oil
5 tbsp poppy-seed dressing
garlic croutons - optional

Method
Mix the salt and pepper in the olive oil and drizzle over the spring greens and carrots. Toss to coat evenly; add 3 tbsp poppy-seed dressing and let it sit for at least 5-7 mins to soak the flavors.

When ready to serve, add washed grapes, craisins, candied pecans and the remaining dressing, and toss around a few time to mix well. Top with the crumbled feta cheese and garlic croutons. Serve immediately with a huge slice of garlic bread,or as a side order of Summer Salad to a scrumptious meal!

Related Recipes:
Spinach Strawberry & Almond Salad
Sprouted Bean & Lentil Salad
Vegetarian Mexican Salad


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





7 comments :

Unknown said...

Same here..Recently I have developed a great liking for salads..Nice one to try..

Anonymous said...

looks fabulous! I love the poppy-seed dressing, something different:)

~shirley

Rachel said...

I love the different flavours used in this...

mitr_bayarea said...

This summer salad so inspired me that I went and brought some poppyseed dressing last night and got some salad for lunch today- Thanks Mansi.

A_and_N said...

Looks great!

lubnakarim06 said...

Refreshing salad. Looks gr8.

Alex Peter said...

Salad is good for health. I always take some salad with my eating. Thanks a lot for sharing good recipe of salad.
Outsourcing Solution in BPO