Nutella Crepes with Peaches & Raspberry Sauce


nutella-crepes
I've always preferred crepes over omelettes, especially for breakfasts, but after watching Alton Brown's Good Eats episode featuring Crepes, I have to say I've become a fan! These Nutella Crepes are particularly special as they have hazelnut-flavored Nutella, one of my favorite indulgences! Seriously, there's no way someone could refuse a helping of Nutella; creamy, chocalatey, nutty, gooey, velvety, sweet & tasty, I could go on describing this spread, and Crepes are a wonderful way to enjoy the goodness of this special blend. This is my second heist with crepes, the first one not being good enough to post:). But I think I've mastered it now, thanks to Alton's tips and a tried-and-tested recipe. These beautiful crepes filled with Nutella, then topped with raspberry sauce, and served with some fresh seasonal fruits on the side, are perfect to enjoy as breakfast or brunch, or even as an easy dessert!

I always used to think that Crepes are very difficult to make, and its easier to stick with pancakes. but after seeing Mike's Mango Nutella Crepes, and reading his excellent tips, I was inspired to try these myself. A colleague at work had shared her mom's perfect crepe recipe with me, so I was all geared up to give crepe-making a shot! Unfortunately, my first experience was not so exciting! But, Alton Brown's expert advice once again got me going. I changed Mike's recipe just a little to use some water in place of milk. I served my crepes with some fresh peaches and raspberry sauce, and now I have to say I'm no longer afraid of making Crepes! Thanks Mike, and thanks Mr.Brown, wherever you are!

Ingredients
Makes about 6-8 crepes

2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tbsp melted butter
butter - for coating the pan

Filling & Garnish
Nutella - for filling
Raspberry sauce - to drizzle on the top
Seasonal Fruits - sliced (I used Peaches)
Powdered sugar - for dusting

Method
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking.
Note: The batter can be kept for up to 48 hours.

Now warm up your pan (a 7 or 8 inch skillet works the best) to about medium-high heat, giving it a few minutes to ensure it reaches a steady temperature. Melt down a knob of butter and swirl it around to coat the surface of the pan.

Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board(or any flat surface), and allow to cool slightly.

Continue until all the crepes are done. Wipe the inside of your pan clean with a paper towel after each crepe, and butter the pan for the next one.

Assembling the Crepes
Spread a generous layer of Nutella on each crepe. You can even add some chopped fruits inside the crepe. Then fold it once in half, then again in half to form a triangle.

Transfer your crepe to a serving plate. Drizzle with some raspberry sauce, and serve with some sliced fruit like Mangoes, Peaches or Strawberries.

These Nutella Crepes are perfectly delicious with coffee for breakfast. To serve these as desserts, top with some ice-cream of whipped cream!

Related Recipes:
Wholegrain Blueberry Pancakes
Mango Streusel Cake
Cranberry Orange & Pecan Bread

Related Tags
, , ,


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





19 comments :

Anonymous said...

who doesn't love nutella! its my kids' favorite too! the crepes look beautiful mansi!:)

-anjali

Manggy said...

Gosh, I just had crepes today! And you still make me want to have another one! :)
Nutella = always good, no exception :)

amna said...

i love nutella too and love it warmed with some vanilla pound cake.

Sunshinemom said...

I have tried thin crepes but never got them right! You have got a really nice one there!

Trupti said...

Crepes looks very delicious Manasi.

Happy Friendship Day !!

Mike of Mike's Table said...

Thanks for the kind mention--it looks like you did a beautiful job with them! Sorry to hear batch #1 didn't go so well, but you'd never know from how these look! And the sauce sounds like a great compliment. The hard thing now is my wife will always ask for crepes instead of pancakes (and lol, I like making pancakes in the morning since they're easier!)

A_and_N said...

I love nutella. I love crepes. So, this is perfect for me!

ST said...

Crepes looks very delicious and awesome Manasi.

Happy Friendship Day !!

test it comm said...

That looks really good!

Bharti said...

Those crepes look lovely! I'm an Alton Brown fan myself and I always have Nutella in my pantry. It's a no fail party winner!

Usha said...

I have never been much of a crepe person but your yummy looking ones are tempting me to give it another try :)

bee said...

that is a gorgeous, fruity breakfast.

Mansi said...

thanks ppl! this was a lovely breakfast treat, but I was more happy b'coz I finally conquered my fear of making crepes!:)

Mike - thanks a lot for your very helpful tips!:)

SMN said...

i hv never tasted this before. new to me.. looks yum with those peach and raspberry sauce.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Nutella is one of my favorite ingreidents in the world. If I could choose the way I die, it would be with a spoon and as many jars of Nutella as it would take to kill me.

I'm a klutz with crepes, but I love getting Nutella crepes at places like Rue De Crepes. I'll eat them any time someone can make one for me. (So when can I come over?) ;-)

Mansi said...

rachel - you can hop in whenever you want! we should have a nutella festival! looks like there are so many nutty nut-lovers in the food world:)

karuna said...

just the other day one of my friends mentioned about nutella crepes. i have yet to try out nutella. must try it making ure recipe. the crepes look really yummy

delhibelle said...

I usually prefer savoury crepes to sweet ones but your delicious raspberry sauce is making me think again!

Johanna GGG said...

nutella in crepes sounds like the sort of gooey heaven I hope to go to one day :-)