No-Bake Mini CheeseCake - Orange & Pistachio


no-bake mini cheesecakeThese "semi-homemade" No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes are a perfect recipe for an extremely simple and fuss-free dessert! They are so cute and adorable, and can serve to be perfect individual desserts for dinners or cocktail parties. The best part about cheesecakes is their versatility; blend some chocolate & liquer with cream cheese for an "adult dessert", or combine fresh seasonal fruits and berries for an all-time favorite recipe. As we move to warmer weather forecasts, I decicded to try a citrus flavor for my easy instant cheesecake. Oranges and Pistachios dominate this delicious sweet treat, coming beautifully together for a smooth creamy center with an invigorating burst of orange flavor!

It so happens that Helen selected a Citrus theme for this month's SHF#43, and I had these lovely tangerines waiting to be juiced and put to good use! Plus, it's my birthday this weekend, the stunning summer dress that was gifted to me by a special someone fits me perfectly, and so I'm all excited and in a mood to indulge!! And when I get excited, I need to eat something sweet (yeah, people have their addictions!:)) I had some ready-made mini tart-shells and a packet of cream cheese in the fridge, which sparkled the idea for these glorious cheesecakes. They are simple to make and wonderful to eat. Let your imagination run wild and experiment with whatever flavor you like. For now, here's the refreshing Orange & Pistachio Mini CheeseCake, to soothe your sweet-tooth cravings!

Ingredients
Makes 4 to 6 mini cheesecakes, depending on size

4-6 ready-made graham-cracker pie shells
1 packet(4 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
4 tbsp cool whip (or use heavy cream, whipped a lot)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp gelatin
4 tbsp water
6 tbsp orange juice (adjust according to taste)
1 tsp grated orange zest
chopped unsalted pistachios - for garnish

Method
Warm the 4 tbsp water till its almost boiling, then sprinkle the gelating and stir well. Set it aside and allow to bloom for 3-4 mins.

Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese, cool whip, orange juice and sugar in the blender. Whip it all together to form a smooth topping, or whip with a hand-mixer till smooth and creamy. Check for taste; adjust orange flavor and sugar to suit your taste.

Now add the bloomed gelatin to the cream mixture and again mix everything together.

Fill the pie-shells with the cream-cheese mixture and gently tap around to spread evenly.

Allow to refrigerate and chill for at least 1 hour so the gelatin sets the mixture. Insert a toothpick to see if it comes out clean, else leave in the refrigerator for some more time. I'd generally recommend at least 2-3 hours before serving.

When its time to serve, Garnish with some freshly-grated orange zest and finely chopped green unsalted pistachios.

We loved these fresh and flavorful mini-cheesecakes! It's such a simple and easy alternative to the traditional recipe, perfect for entertaining guests or whipping up a dessert on very short notice!

Similar Recipes:
Kahlua Cofee Cheesecake
Low-Fat Strawberry-Vanilla Cake
Marbled Cream-Cheese Brownies


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





39 comments :

glamah16 said...

This is a good recipe because the qty's are small. They would be perfect for a gathering. You'll be quite the hostss the month with all the entries. I love a good party!

Anonymous said...

that looks appealing indeed, both to the eyes and the tongue:) thanks for a simple and delicious recipe Mansi!

-Jill

Nina Timm said...

I totally agree that we should all have those easy-ready-in 15min-recipes. I love cheesecake and if I can have it without much effort, I'm in....

Rachel said...

perfect mini tartlets.....

delhibelle said...

this sounds easy enough for even me ( i am hopeless at making desserts:()
And the orange pistachio combo sounds very refreshing.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I love mini everything! Especially cheesecakes because huge slices make me so full LOL! I also love this because there is no baking involved. Lovely flavors!

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

First of all let me wish you a Happy Birthday and hope you have a great time.
These are lovely and I like the thought of smaller serving ideas.

@the_whisk_affair said...

great looking minis :-), the perfect entries to SHF. but most imp of all, let me wish you "Happy Birthday", in advance! Have a blast!

Anonymous said...

these look heavenly, no doubt about it!!

-ben

Mansi said...

Thanks for the good wishes folks! as you can see, I've already started feasting:) glad you'll liked the cheese-cake recipe!:)

maybelles mom said...

yum. i love these and will bookmark them.

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I love these! What great flavors!

Andhra Flavors said...

I had cheesecake in some parties. this time i will your recipe.

Suganya said...

Mansi, do you think cornstarch will work instead of gelatin?

Anonymous said...

Wow...these look so tasty and seem simple to make.Truly good for parties.

FH said...

Pista and Orange! I am sold! :)

Enjoy the weekend, long one at that too. Watching Indy?

Trupti said...

this mini cakes looks delicious & easy to make. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Hey Mansi, check my blog. There is surprise for you.

Red Chillies said...

Many many happy returns of the day Mansi. Hope you have a fantastic day and enjoy your summer dress. Don't know why I steer clear of cheesecakes. Gotta try this one.

Hey, dessert shells are actually called by that name and is available in the grocery/supermarket. You can ask for shortcake dessert shells or dessert shells.

Anitha said...

Yummy!! That looks so tempting. Cheesecakes are one of my favorite desserts :-)

Mansi, you have been tagged by me. Please check my blog
http://www.cakesbyanitha.blogspot.com

Hope you will enjoy!!
Anitha

Uma said...

wow, cheescake! delicious any time! Lovely recipe, Mansi! Hey, who ate that piece of cheescake in the picture? That was mine. Just kidding.

Mansi said...

thanks again for all your wishes ppl!

Asha - I'm surely seeing Iniana Jones, though I don't have much high hopes:)

Trupti - thanks so much for the award gal! you rock too!!

Suganya - to replace gelatin in this recipe, I think you should use "agar agar". It can be used in frozen dessert recipes and to thicken puddings. Cornstarch is the thickener of choice for puddings, but Agar will help set the cheesecake mixture better than cornstarch. hope this helps!

ranji said...

ooooh this is so delcious and cute!!!loved it:)

Laavanya said...

I love the versatility that surrounds making cheesecake too.

Finla said...

I love cheese cakes. Looking to the picture itself makes me want then.
Love the small portions.
Was on a break that is why you didn't hear from me.

bee said...

i've never made a cheesecake. this looks so easy and delicious!! i live orange in anything.

Anonymous said...

this is such gud party fud mansi , thanks for sharing the recipe

Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks divine! I love the idea of no-bake cheesecake. Why the hassle to bake when you don't have to, right?:) Great recipe! I've bookmarked it.

Medhaa said...

They look great Mansi, You were the first one to comment on my blog so I had to pass on the You make my Day award to you, cause you genuinely Made my day. Thank you.

Gaurav said...

Am a sucker for cheesecakes...thnx for posting a smashing recipe.
Have just given u the Yummy Blog Award in my latest post :)

Hetal said...

These look so cute and delicious...every time I visit ur blog I get surprise by ur recipes..they are too good..

Anonymous said...

This is a great combination of flavors. Orange and pistachio... Also, the no-bake aspect is pretty wonderful. Sometimes it's nice to throw together an easy dessert, especially after a somewhat more tedious meal. I've only been checking out your blog for a few days now, but I look forward to reading more.

sefa firdaus said...

No Bake? I'll try for sure.

Your cheese cake with pistachio looks tempting Mansi. TFS

btw, thanks for dropping by :)

Rosie said...

WOW just love these & with orange and pistachio makes a great combo of flavours!

Rosie x

Unknown said...

Oh dear, how could miss this lovely recipe. Orange and pista are heavenly combo.Great job.

Unknown said...

Wonderful recipe for the event! I love everything about these, from the mini size to the flavors you chose!
Tartelette

Archana Doshi said...

looks stunning...I have an IPL party coming up this sunday, will try this out. Thanks for a simple recipe.

Unknown said...

i've never used pistachio with citrus. this sounds lovely.

Andrew said...

cheesecake... yum!

Thanks for taking part in Waiter with such a tempting recipe

Anonymous said...

So glad I found this blog these mini cheesecakes look delicious and sound so easy to make I'll have to try them this weekend. Great photos!!!