Chewy M&M Cookies


chewy-m&m-cookies
If there are any cookies I like after chocolate-flavored ones, it has to be the classic fat and thick M&M Cookies. They taste lovely, and yet cater to the child within you because of the colorful use of M&M's! I first saw these cookies on Delish, which are adapted from the recipe in the beautiful cookbook called The Cookie Bible, with M&M's and ground pecans, but I'm sure you could easily use chocolate-chips or other nuts. Its a great way to bake goodies with kids or have some fun family time together. With hardly any special ingredients needed, these fat and chewy M&M Cookies will surely leave you mentally and gastronomically happy!

Ingredients
Yields about 3 dozen cookies

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup M&M’s, divided
1 cup chopped pecans - coarsely grounded in mixer

Method
Heat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and keep ready.

Stir together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well.

Gradually add flour mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in 3/4 cup M&Ms and all the chopped nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet, leaving enough space in between to let them expand. Press 5-6 of remaining M&Ms on each cookie before baking.

Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool completely on the wire rack. Eat a few immediately, storing others in air-tight containers for later:) This is a great alternative to brownies, as a picnic dessert too!

Related Recipes
Chocolate-Dipped Madeleines
Thumbprint Cookies - Vegan
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





26 comments :

Snooky doodle said...

oh these look delicious! So good !! I love the addition of m & m :)

Parita said...

wow they look very nice, my sis is crazy behind M&M, will def make for her, thanks...

Pavani said...

Those cookies look delicious. Nice pic.

mona said...

They look so good! will try it out the next time, thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth said...

Those are beautiful! I might have to try them the next time I make cookies!

Ashwini said...

They look yumm. My daughter loves M&Ms..delicious..

Patsyk said...

I love a thick and chewy cookie and yours look great! Nice photo!

A_and_N said...

I can make this for my fussy nephew! Super!

Mansi said...

thanks guys! glad you'll enjoyed these cookies:) they were a snitch at my office:)

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Nice cookies....

Anonymous said...

Candy cookies take the cake! Love that they're fat and chewy too.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Yum. Anyone can do chocolate chips. M&Ms are special. I almost licked my monitor these looked so good.

Kalyani said...

Love cookies ...they look yummy ... try to make for my daughter .......

Dragon said...

These cookies are so pretty. :)

gluten free pammy said...

wonderful blog, just found it, everything looks yummy

Shreya said...

they look so good! a perfect treat for children and adults:-)

Unknown said...

I just ador M&M cookies. You made it like a pro! Lovely presentation

chrissa said...

M'ms and cookies together! I think I've found true love. :) Awesome site.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

My daughter loves these cookies though my version is slightly different.

Namratha said...

M&M's in a cookie, wow, haven't seen those before! They look very festive...

Jen said...

It looks yummy! It's been quite a long while since I ate M&M

Dazy said...

I'm planning to make this tomorrow. I think I'll try to shoot it, but I don't think it will be as pretty as your picture!

Anonymous said...

cookies look great taste very bland,with the amount of suger you can bearly taste the m&M

pinky said...

I LOVE COOKIES! i agree with you..cookies tgt with m&m is heaven man! aww..thanks for the recipe!

Laura Williams said...

just finished making these!!! the dough was a bit more doughy than i expected it to be - but they turned out PERFECTLY! they are delish! thank you!

Pink MagaLine said...

I wanna try this. I guess my daughter will love it. Thanks for sharing this recipe! :D