World's Most Expensive Dessert - Unveiled!!


The culinary world has always been a world full of fascinating, intriguing, exotic and salivating surprises. The power of the TV and the web has brought all the gourmands and food-lovers so close to each other that barriers of geography, lifestyle, language or region are no longer existant. As more and more people join the newly-emerging Food-Lover community, this is one world that's growing faster than any other sphere, leaving even the tech world behind! The latest chart-buster on the food and culinary arena is the "Frrozen Haute Chocolate", the dessert that made its mark as the Most Expensive Dessert in the Guinness Book of World Records, and is priced at an exorbitant $25,000 !!! Astonished, aghast, interested in knowing more...the secret is unveiled right here, at Fun and Food!

On Tuesday, New York City came up with a $1,000 bagel, topped with white truffle cream cheese and goji berry-infused Riesling jelly with golden leaves. (yeah, like someone would buy that!). But that was no competition for a local restaurateur who unveiled a $25,000 Chocolate Sundae on Wednesday, setting a Guinness world record for the most expensive dessert. Stephen Bruce, the proud owner of the restaurant called Serendipity-3, and the luxury jewel-designer Euphoria New York teamed up together to create this astonishing and I have to say "out-of-this-world" dessert, the Frrozen Haute Chocolate (the 2 r's in the name are intended, its not my typo, could be numerology though:)) which combines a blend of 28 cocoas, including 14 of the most expensive and exotic ones from around the globe.

It also contains 5 grams of edible 23-karat gold and is served in a goblet lined with edible gold. the base of the goblet is adorned with an 18-karat gold bracelet studded with 1-carat of white diamonds. (don't even ask me how many diamonds!!). The sundae is topped with whipped cream covered with more gold and a side of La Madeline au Truffle from Knipschildt Chocolatier, which sells for $2,600 a pound (do these places really exist!!). And as if this is not enough, you are expected to relish this dessert with a gold spoon decorated with white and chocolate-colored diamonds, which, by the way, can also be taken home (yeah, some incentive to spend 25,000 bucks!!)

Bruce, the creator, said in an interview that it took them a long time to experiment with all the ingredients and flavors before they finalised on these, and more than three months went just into designing the golden spoon. (photo courtesy of Reuters)

Four years ago, Bruce had also created a $1,000 ice cream sundae called Golden Opulence, for his elite customers that include rock stars, socialites and other celebrities. And this year it's this award-winning dessert which will continue the glory. Both these delicacies are only made to order (yeah right! like you and me could walk right in and buy one!!) and are mostly made for Kings, Princes and rich businessmen who want to impress their wives, friends or clients. Well, as for us, we can only feel and sense and enjoy this delicious sundae through our remote senses of sight, smell and imagination:)

Maybe a few of us should team up to make something new that would break this record, what say??! Any takers for this challenge??


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





18 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is interesting piece of news, but I'm not sure how someone could eat something out of that bowl! I'd be scared to even touch it...but hey, it was a nice read, and entertaining..thanks for sharing these thigs with us everynow and then Mansi!

-Aditya

Anonymous said...

I read about this too...just couldn't believe my eyes...25000!!! that's like a downpayment for my house:)

nice post mansi!

-david

DK said...

Whoa! The min u mentioned the price my mind went to the no. of things I wud by with that money! But thats a good and novel way to keep me off sweets! I need it at the rate I am gobbling up thanks to Diwali! Phew! :)

Anyways happy wishes for Diwali Mansi

Sagari said...

thats a nice post

ceedy said...

Happy diwali !!!!!

Damn I love chocolates.....some day maybe I can buy this dessert :)

Anonymous said...

Interesting piece of information mansi. I don't spend even $25 for my dessert. So you can imagine that amount is way far off.

Namratha said...

oh wow, that sure is some dessert! If I bought it I guess I would never be able to eat it :D And if you are serious about beating this, count me in :P

Rachel said...

Woaah that's an expensive one..but i wouldnt be able to get myself to eat something so expensive...I would sit and stare at it..

FH said...

I saw that on TV. A couple celebrating their anniversary ate a $1000 Ice Cream!! I was thinking why didn't they donate money to a cancer society, would earn some good Karma!
What a waste and ugly expression of wealth! Not worth it if you ask me!
Happy Diwali.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

When you buy it, do you get the keep the spoon and dish?

I would be curiuos to just try that exotic chocolate without all of the bells and whistles. I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay for it though.

Kribha said...

wow...that's an intresting piece of news. You know what...your pic made me drool and I just went to the freezer and had a scoop of ice-cream in the morning. Too bad nah?

Mansi said...

I was drooling on the pic too guys..I'd love to have that plate it was served in:) and no, it's perfectly ok to have ice cream in the morning as long as you don't spend 25000 bucks on it Kribha:D

KP said...

oh well, who said money cant buy happiness? ;)

Happy Diwali.....

Anonymous said...

Are you seriosu!! man, people ahve so much money to throw...and here I am dreaming about just buying a new iPhone!!!

hahaha...neways, thanks for enlightening us! that dessert and the plating sure looks inviting!

-Amit

Cynthia said...

I make no apology for saying this. They should have taken their money and go feed some hungry children!

Kitti said...

wow. we'll i suppose it would be worth getting for a woman you wanted to propose to, or as an anniversary gift, with all that jewelry in the bottom. it would be a fun surprise. and, hey, sure they could spend it on charity, but you know some super rich people spend more than a million dollars a day on their yachts!
i say, if you can afford it, it could be fun ;) though you better get someone to help you eat it.

SteamyKitchen said...

I don't think I could ever eat that!!! Ok, maybe if I was a multi gazillionaire I would.

Cris said...

Oh this is great! I'm cheapskate and don't spend much on desserts, wow... so much I could buy with that money! :-)