Paneer & Sun-Dried Tomato Muffins


savory paneer muffins
Savory Muffins have a fan-following of their own, and even me, who is an ardent dessert-lover, could not say no to a bit of these delicious muffins made with paneer and sun-dried tomatoes! A recipe that combines classic ingredients in a contemporary style, this is one fusion experiment I love. With Paneer as the star ingredient, I threw in some chopped sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, spring onions, herbs and some more italian cheese. If that does not get you out of bed, what will!? Perfect for your mornings, or as appetizers or mid-day snacks, these savoury paneer muffins are sure to leave a mark of their own!

Ingredients
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4th cup whole milk
1 cup cottage cheese - crumbled or shredded
1/2 cup mozarella and parmesan - shredded (optional)
1 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (oiled ones, finely chopped)
1/2 cup spring onions - chopped (white and greens separate)
8-10 cloves of garlic - minced
2 tbsp olive oil
2 eggs - beaten
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
salt and black pepper - to taste
4 tbsp basil flakes (adjust amount to suit your taste)
2 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes

Method
Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda through a sieve. Add the salt, black pepper, herbs, and red pepper flakes. In a pan, add the olive oil, then saute the white prt of the onions and garlic till it starts giving out an aroma. Allow to cool a bit.

In another bowl, beat the eggs to make them fluffy, then add to the sauteed onions/garlic mixture. Combine this with the flour mixture. Slowly add the cottage cheese, mozarella and parmesan, then keep mixing/folding gently as you add milk little by little. Do not overbeat, just mix to combine the ingredients.

Grease 12-muffin pans with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 deg F, then fill the mixture in the muffin pans upto the brim. Bake for 20-25 mins, and not more. Insert a tooth-pick in the center to make sure they are cooked. If the muffin tops look white, tun to broil setting and bake for 15 seconds, not more, or the muffins will get browned (the mistake I did!!)

Once done, allow them to cool on the wire rack. Gently remove from the pan and serve immediately with ketchup or a dipping sauce. Just add a dollop of fresh butter and you can enjoy these cute savoury sun-dried tomato and paneer muffins with your coffee or tea too!!

Related Recipes:
Spinach and Cheese Souffle
Rava Dhokla
Paneer Cutlets


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





38 comments :

Elly said...

These look delicious! I love sundried tomatoes in anything. Definitely giving these a try.

musical said...

"but for some of us, savoury dishes go more towards comforting our palettes than sweet ones." Count me in, girlie :). Paneer and sun-dried tomatoes is a yummy combination! Now lets make some soup and enjoy these :-D.

Anonymous said...

wow!! I'm drooling at that pic right now!! it's looking so sumptious:)

-Sharon

Jayashree said...

Looks delicious Mansi......

Siri said...

They look gorgeous Mansi..:) The combo of Paneer amd Sun dried tomatoes would be lovely..:)

Thanks for the recipe.. will try soon.

~ Siri

Finla said...

One bite of it and i will be in heaven
Delicious

Katy said...

Looks delicious -- I love sundried tomatos and have wanted to cook with paneer for quite a whilte!

Rajitha said...

looks good..yep! many times i have craved for salty creations more than sweet ones!!

Namratha said...

Mansi, it was only last night I was in my pantry and I had a huge jar of unopened sun dried tomatoes staring me in the face, I would love to use them in your recipe...thanks a bunch..they look awesome!

Anonymous said...

oohh.. I love the taste of sun-dried tomatoes and haven't ever tried it in a muffin.That with panneer sounds like a killer combo. Great recipe!

Mansi said...

The muffins tasted amazing people! And I'm glad to know there are so many sun-dried tomato fans like me:)

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of comfort food that I love. They sound delicious and I am surely going to make them sometime soon. I love sun-dried tomatoes, too, but I had never thought about putting it in muffins. Yummy!

vimmi said...

They look so good. Nice and soft and yummy. great color and lovely photos too.

Anonymous said...

Amazing!! if it looks this good, I wonder how tasty it would actually be!! it has all the right ingredients Mansi!

thanks so much for sharing this!!

-Julianne

FH said...

Mansi, it is a comfort food indeed, specially for clod winter day. Looks delicious!:)
I did make something for Game night you , still need to type. I will send it to you when I am done.See you then. Right now, I am "detoxing"!;D

Mansi said...

Thanks so much Asha!! but I'm going to miss your comments on my posts!! you were always the first one to comment, it was like my good-luck charm!:)

but I wish you well and hope you get time to do the things you want to and enjoy! Happy Detoxing!!:D

Siri said...

Thanks Mansi for ur sweet comments on my blog.. as we can republish our previously prepared dishes for ur Game Night Party.. will do that today .. take care n cya!

~ Siri

Rina said...

Wow!!! gr8 innovation mansi.. A whole new way to savourize a muffin.

Manju said...

hmm...mayb i shud do this as well...moving to savoury items as comfort food...:)

Manju said...

ive put a link of ur event in my blog...ive got a good idea to send you something...will post it soon.. :)

Lisa Turner said...

Oh, thank you for this recipe! I'm so making this soon. Paneer is one of my very favorites, and I confess, I have never thought to make muffins with paneer. The sun-dried tomatoes are a nice addition. This is a classic recipe.

Red Chillies said...

oh my God look at that! You are killing us Mansi. What a unique combination. Btw, isn't paneer equivalent of Ricotta cheese? Atleast that is what I thought.

Mansi said...

hey Red Chillies - would never want to kill my readers and friends girl:) Yes, ricotta cheese that is made from whole milk is same as paneer:)

test it comm said...

These sound really tasty with sun dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes. I recently made ham and cheddar cheese cottage cheese muffins.

Miri said...

Im one of those savoury lovers and these muffins look delicious!

Rosa said...

Ooh, I love the look of these Indian muffins! Who needs sugar when you can eat something this good?

Katie Zeller said...

The sound yummy - I love savory snacks any time!

Meeta K said...

Simply delish! I love the combination of paneer and sun dried tomatoes. Lovely entry Mansi!

Kribha said...

Mansi, see this is why I didn't visit you for awhile. You are killing me with your gorgeous creations. I have no words to say about this dish. I JUST LOVE IT.

Suzana Parreira said...

So perfect! Mansi, those muffins make me want to have one right now (and I just had lunch!!). Definitely to try sooner than later. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks great. Nice Job!

I wonder if it tastes anything like the "Cheese Toast" Sandwich that they used to sell on Deccan Queen way back in the day. On a second thought, does anyone have a recipe for that?

Poonam said...

Lovely!

Mandira said...

I first tried savory muffins with pickle that my Bro-in-law made and they were the best! Yours look delicious, have to try it soon :)

Priya Suresh said...

Drooling on your muffins..lovely colour..

Jayashree said...

This looks real good. I love the idea of sun dried tomatoes in a muffin.

Shifali said...

This looks really good and inspiring that I bought all the ingredients for this recipe and will make it soon. I will definetly let you know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Shifali said...

Hi Mansi,

I tried this recipe and had bought the muffins to office and they got cleared in no time.

My colleagues loved the muffins.

Thanks for the lovely recipe!!!!

subha said...

I made these muffins for the first time yesterday and took them to a potluck brunch and it was a huge hit. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This will now be a favorite for breakfast at my home to add some cheer to the otherwise gray and gloomy winter mornings...

Thanks,
Subha