Marshmallow-Chocolate Mud Cookies


That chocolate chunks go best in cookies is a well-known fact, but another such ingredient which enhances the flavor of cookies is Marshmallows. Yes, that tiny white, soft and chewy ingredient that imparts taste and texture to your cookies! Mud Cookies are traditionally loaded with chocolate, both dark and white, and are baked a little more than regular cookies to give them the dark brown mud-like color. But don't go by the comparision to mud - it ends in the name!! The double chocolate mud-cookies are very tasty, not too sweet, and make for lovely goodie-boxes for the festive season!

Recipe and Image Source: Southern Living

Ingredients
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tspn vanilla
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1/2 tspn salt
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks
1 cup mini marshmallows (optional)

Method
Microwave semisweet chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat well. Finally blend in the vanilla and melted chocolate.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and pass it through a sieve. Add this slowly to chocolate mixture, continuously stirring until well blended. Stir in the chopped pecans and 1/2 cup milk chocolate chunks.

Now take a baking sheet lined with butter paper. Spoon two tbsp of the dough onto the paper sheets. Press 3 marshmallows into the center of each cookie dough.Preheat oven to 350° and bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove and allow to cool on the wire rack.

Store in an air-tight container and enjoy these lovely cookies anytime of the day. These marshmallow-chocolate chip cookies taste great with plain milk too! So next time your kid throws a tantrum while drinking milk, add a cookie to his glass and see him lick it to the last sip:)

Update (01/24/08): This photo had been wrongly submitted to DMBLGIT and I apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience caused thereof.


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





19 comments :

Bong Mom said...

The daughter loves marshmallows, though I don't allow too many sweets at home, she sometimes gets it at her school

Siri said...

Oooo lala, the cookies look yum yummy Mansi.. I love Marshmallow's spongy texture.:))

Sagari said...

marshmallows in cookies yummmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

These look as good as oreos!!! nice recipe, my kids will surely love it!

thanks:)

-jenny

Chef Jeena said...

Lovely cookies Mansi I love any cookies yummy. :)

Anonymous said...

Mansi - I'm definitely making these for thanksgiving...and will surely let you know how the experiment goes:) though I'm sure it'll be a huge hit:D

-Saina

AnuSriram said...

Kids love this... and me too...

Anonymous said...

perfect cookie recipe for Christmas! my kids will love it, even more with the marshmallows!

Anonymous said...

wow, never knew something simple could be so exquisite! nice recipe here, and a great pic:)

you are doing a great job with this site, by the way...i just stumbled here through a search and I love it! will surely keep coming back:)

-Jane

Anonymous said...

wow, my kids are so going to love these, if they can snatch any from my hands:) this is an awesome recipe, and your presentation adds so much to it!

I am loving the whole site, esp the health, restaurant guide and your informative travel section mansi! keep up the good work!

James

Anonymous said...

hey mansi!

Thanks so much for writing back to me through email!! not many people would do that, you know...

I'm going to make these cookies for home and a batch to take to my cookie swap next week!! i bet they are going to be great:)

Heather

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Oh, Mansi, these are utterly scrumptious! Chocolate chunks, marshmallows, and pecans? Yikes! I'd be afraid I'd eat them all if I made them. Well, not that afraid, I guess. :) Thanks for submitting them to Eat Christmas Cookies. -Susan

daphne said...

YUM! I came across your blog through Susan's cookie event..and can i say..these are great!! I love mashmellows! A must try!

tara said...

Mini-marshmallows are one of my secret joys, I must admit. Anything close to the childhood memory of s'mores makes me smile. I shall surely bookmark these for a future treat.

Anonymous said...

wow, chocolate and marshmallows shaped into delicious dark cookies!! can it get any better??:D thanks for the recipe Mansi!

you have a FABULOUS and very HELPUL blog here!:) great for new cooks like me!

-Amit

Anonymous said...

If my daughter ever gets her hands on these, she'd not stop till the whole jar is empty:)

delcious recipe!

-Janet

Anonymous said...

They look very American mom not that that's a bad thing. They just taste better then they look.

Anonymous said...

These cookies look awesome! I have got to try it out! Greetings...

Erzsebet said...

Ok I just made these. The recipe made me 17 normal size cookies and two extra large cookies(maybe a lttle extra choc chips & nuts:). I made one batch with and one without marshmallows. Haven't tried ones with mallows yet but i just ate three of the other ones in a row!
I did ice them with a little chocolate butter icing but damn these cookies are dammmmnnnn good!
RECOMMENDED!!!!!!