Chocolate and Coffee Martini


Having cocktails on special occasions has been traditional, but most of us refrain from making indulgent cocktails at home thinking it is just too much work. But there are some cocktail recipes which use simple ingredients, are easy to make and yet result into something right out of a lavish restaurant's menu card. We know that chocolates make any moment a special one, and to date it remains to be the favourite choice for special dates and events. So here's a simple recipe for a Chocolate Martini, another way to savour the chocolate and liquer, and make your moments memorable and sweet!

Ingredients
4 fl oz chocolate liqueur (any flavor you like by Godiva)
2 tbsp crème de cacao (optional)
3 fl oz vodka
1 oz semisweet chocolate - grated
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp instant coffee (any flavor)
5-6 ice cubes

Method
Combine chocolate liqueur, coffee powder and vodka in a cocktail mixer full of ice. Chill glasses and then rim them with the cocoa powder (use egg white to make it stick to the glass edges). Shake the mixture vigorously and strain into the martini glasses. Top it with a layer of creme de cacao. Garnish with chocolate shavings. Let this Chocolate and Coffee Martini transform your evening into something romantic and special!

Tip: For the virgin version, replace vodka with skimmed milk and enjoy!

Similar Recipes:
Hot-n-Spiced Vanilla Rum Drink
Lychee Martini


If you liked this post, please subscribe to our feed so you'd never miss a recipe or article again!





16 comments :

Anonymous said...

Aah!! heavenly...would have it anyday, occasion or not:)

first time here, and I'm already your fan!!

-Jill

KellytheCulinarian said...

Oh my goodness! This combines some of my favorite things. I want one now.

Matt R said...

I always worry that chocolate martinis would be too sweet but this one looks delightful. I love the addtion of cocoa nibs!

Anonymous said...

wow, the coffee adds a unique flavor to the drink I'm sure!!! love the way you've added cocoa to the rim of the glass..truly martini style!

Reeta Skeeter said...

Tum to meri jaan le logi aise posts se :( I am hungree and thirsty :X

M'nMs said...

Ummm...delicious! Agree with you - some of the cocktails are so simple to make. I tried a martini with amarula once...surprisingly nice!

Bindiya said...

Hey Mansi looks delicious and you are right we do tend to do these things for special occassions only!

Finla said...

wow this looks great, i love drinks with vodka

Cynthia said...

I'm staggering here... I think I drank too many... :D

Nirmala said...

Perfect. Adore these. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Pooja Na(i)rayan said...

Chocolate, vodka and coffe I already feel the buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Where is the Vodka????????????????????????????????????

Moderator said...

This would be a fabulous libation for "girls night in." I love anything I can shake in the martini mixer!

Truffle said...

I've been on a real cocktail kick lately so am really excited about trying this. Looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

this sounds intoxicating enough, even without the liquer!!:)

Cris said...

It looks so beautiful... but Mansi, where is the coffee? :-)

Anonymous said...

It sounds good. But i cant wait because it takes long time to get ready. So meanwhile...i will go for my favorite liqueur chocolates.